I am from Pensacola, Florida and moved to Mooresville, North Carolina in 2015. After living near the Gulf Coast, the ocean became one of my favorite places to be. The calm and soothing nature of the ocean stays with me and became my inspiration for Waves of Calm Counseling & Wellness, PLLC.
I graduated from Troy University in 2009 with a Master of Science degree (M.S.) in Counseling Psychology with a specialization in Clinical Mental Health Counseling. I have been in practice since 2009 and have worked in a variety of settings including schools, community mental health, crisis units, research & trainings and both group / private practice.
My licenses, credentials, certifications and training include:
- Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor (LCMHC) in state of North Carolina (12028);
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) in state of Georgia (00846);
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC) in state of Florida (MH 11775);
- National Certified Counselor (NCC) through the National Board of Certified Counselors;
- Certified Anxiety Specialist through the National Association of Cognitive Behavioral Therapists; and
- Certified EMDR Therapist through the EMDR International Association (EMDRIA).
I believe firmly in using an integrative approach to counseling as our mental health affects our physical health and vice versa. I work closely with primary care doctors, psychiatrists and other health professionals, as necessary, to treat all aspects of your health and emphasize good self-care and wellness.
I have a special interest in neuroscience and its integration into the counseling profession. I find that when people understand why or how particular concepts or techniques work, or the research that tells us how our brains work, they are much more likely to make changes in their life and put skills into practice.
Outside the office, I enjoy being in the sunshine, strength training / barre fitness, taking care of my aquarium and gardens, making flower bouquets, and, of course, time spent with family and friends, including my husband, daughters and our two little poodles: Bella and Rosy Posy.